15,000 volunteers are needed to join the Commonwealth Games team to help make it a great experience for athletes, officials and spectators from 4 – 15 April 2018.
“This is a great, once in a life time opportunity for people here in the Murrumba electorate to get involved and share in the excitement and enthusiasm for the Games,” Mr Whiting said.
“The majority of volunteer roles are based on the Gold Coast however as an event city, Brisbane will host the cycling and shooting events.
“We know that the success of major events like the Commonwealth Games rely on the enthusiasm, friendliness and performance of volunteers.
“I want to encourage people to volunteer as this is a great way for us to put our best foot forward,” Mr Whiting said. Volunteers will be used in a variety of roles across 24 Games locations including venues, the Commonwealth Games Village and hotels.
- Applicants need to be available during the Games from 4 – 15 April 2018
- Be 16 years or over at the time of application
- Apply online via gc2018.com/volunteer from 9am (AEST), Monday 6 February
- The application process can take up to 30 minutes to complete
- Volunteers will receive a uniform, training and public transport during the Games
- Volunteers must have their own accommodation during the Games
- Volunteer shifts will be from 6 – 10 hours with meal breaks included