If you know people and organisations who have made a great contribution to multiculturalism, I want you to nominate them for the 2019 Multicultural Queensland Awards.
Nominations are now open and will close at 5pm Thursday 18 April, with winners announced on 30 August, during Multicultural Queensland Month.
We have a vibrant multicultural community here in Bancroft, from the Pasifika communities in Deception Bay, to the growing South Asian community in North Lakes.
We want to hear from the community about the people and organisations that they feel should be recognised for the work they do to make the Bancroft community more inclusive.
Every single day people in our community work hard to promote inclusion and to bring people together.
Inclusion and togetherness are so very important, especially in light of recent events designed to divide us.
Nominations are currently open for the Multicultural Queensland Awards in the following categories:
• Outstanding Young Achiever – for under 25 years, including volunteers
• Outstanding Individual Achiever – for 25 years and over, including volunteers
• Community – for not-for-profit community organisations or groups
• Education, Training and Skills – for government and non-government early childhood education and care, schools, universities, TAFEs or registered training organisations located in Queensland
• Business – for businesses, companies and finance
• Media – for journalists, bloggers and online influencers
• Government (local) – for a local government organisation or team within a local government organisation
• Government (State) – for a State government organisation or team within a State government organisation
• Minister’s Multicultural Award – for the outstanding achievements of a finalist, selected by the Minister from all finalists.
For more information, and to nominate please visit: www.qld.gov.au/mqa