- Ekka cancelled this year, 3 popular Gold Coast beaches to be closed
- Only 14 positives cases overnight
- 921 cases in total
- Nearly 58,000 tests done
Qld doing well
- We have a long way to go, but we have done really well so far
- Queensland is leading the way in combatting this virus in Australia
- It was Qld that activated the State Health Emergency Co-ordination Centre on 29 January, barely three weeks after the first patents were identified in Wuhan.
- We were the first state in Australia to move
- Steven Miles acted very quickly to purchase an additional 110 ventilators and $25 M of medicines, gloves and masks
- Have had some good confirmation that it was Qld at Health Ministers meeting in Melbourne on 28 February that helped provide national leadership
- We showed we knew what was coming.
More Health Funding
- As part of the $4 billion COVID-19 funding package in Qld, The Palaszczuk Government has committed an additional $1.2 billion to the health budget to expand capacity in public hospitals and to access beds in the private sector.
Queensland Police are issuing on-the-spot fines for breaches of COVID-19 directions
- So far 139 infringement notices issued in the last week.
- At Queensland borders, police have directed 2,349 people to quarantine and 693 vehicles have been turned around.
- Please follow the directions of police at all times in this COVID-19 emergency