It has been a busy, inspirational year here in Murrumba!
2016 has seen more than 60% of participants in Skilling Queenslanders for Work programs find employment or move on to further education and training.
* We have seen the launch of services on the Redcliffe Peninsula Line.
* Construction started on upgrades to Boundary Rd and the Rothwell Roundabout Intersection.
* State and non-state schools in Deception Bay, Rothwell, Mango Hill and North Lakes have seen infrastructure spending top $32 million.
Just how busy have we been?
Here’s some examples:
* I have held more than 15 mobiles offices across the electorate since February.
* Myself or my staff have attended 75 events at local schools.
* I have run 15 forums or similar events.
* I have also have more than 200 scheduled meetings with constituents in my office over the year – this does not include non-scheduled meetings or those held by my staff.
* My office has also actioned more than 10,000 emails and many thousands of phone calls.
I’ve loved every minute of it I look forward to being even busier on your behalf in 2017.
Soon my office will be closing as my staff enjoy a well earned break over the Christmas/New Year period. We will reopen on 9 January ready for a bigger and better 2017!