- Only 13 tested positive overnight
- Of 953 tested positive, 372 have recovered
Border Restrictions – Two New Aspects
- All Queenslanders returning home from interstate will require a new Queensland Entry Pass.
- All existing green entry and vehicle passes are void from today Saturday, April 11
- Online applications can be made at qld.gov.au/border-pass.
- Passes will be individually issued, and an application will be required for each person entering the State, including children.
- interstate freight transport services which will remain exempt.
- You are strongly advised to apply for a new Queensland Entry Pass to avoid delays.
- Queensland residents who have been in a COVID-19 hotspot in Australia in the last 14 days, must self-quarantine.
- Most of these areas are in an around Sydney.
- There are exemption if you were in the hotspot for an essential purpose
- GO to covid19.qld.gov.au for details.
Protection for Renters
- A raft of new measures aimed at protecting tenants and financially supporting their landlords will be introduced in Queensland
- We have become one of the first states to move on rent relief during the COVID-19 crisis.
- Here are some of the feature of the package:
- The Queensland government will ban landlords from requiring tenants to draw down their superannuation or sell large personal assets like cars to pay their rent
- Landlords will not be able to request personal financial information
- Evictions due to financial hardship will be banned
- land tax rebates and waivers will be offered to landlords, but only if the landlord agrees to a rental decrease for a tenant
- leases will be able to be extended for however long a rent waiver is offered
- there also will be a ban on requiring tenants to pay back rent arrears during the period of negotiation
- A structured negotiation system will also be introduced which would have affected tenants and their landlords sit down and discuss the issue of non-payment or payment of reduced rent
- This is a big package with a lot of details.
- Go to covid19.qld.gov.au for more details